Monday, April 21, 2008

Trace Shocked by HIS Movie


Trace Adkins got excited when director Steven Goldmann approached him about playing a satanic character in the horror movie "Trailer Park Of Terror," which made its Tennessee debut Saturday night during the Nashville Film Festival. With his booming voice and imposing countenance, he figured the role would help him shock a few people.

"Goldmann, he wanted me to do this devil-type character," Trace notes, "and I looked at the [scenes] that he sent me, and I was like, 'Yeah, man, that'd be fun, and it'll only take me a day to do it. Sure, I'll do it.' And I didn't read the script. I didn't know what the movie was about."

Trace was stunned when he finally saw the film for the first time Thursday night with his wife. The picture features explosions, cannibalism, an amputation and various other forms of physical mutilation. Trace knew it was a horror movie, so that part didn't surprise him. What did come as a shock was the amount of simulated ? er ? "...romance" onscreen.

"I looked at Rhonda, and I was like, 'Oh my God ? what have I done?'" Trace says.


Trace is expected to appear at the Nashville Film Festival when Trailer Park shows again on Wednesday. A distribution deal for the picture hasn't yet been finalized.