Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Jessica's Country Pledge


"I pledge allegiance to the country of BOB 95 FM".

Jessica Simpson wants to sing country music for "the rest" of her life.

The 27-year-old singer - whose career rocketed after she appeared on MTV reality show 'Newlyweds' with now ex-husband Nick Lachey - loved making her debut country record so much she never intends to return to pop music.

She said: "I'm planning on making country music for the rest of my life, and I don't want to go back to that other world."

Jessica also revealed she has heard mixed reviews for the first single 'Come On Over', from the as-yet-untitled LP, but is determined not to give up.

She added to The Tennessean newspaper: "A lot of people have listened to 'Come On Over' and told me, 'I really wanted to hate it, but I like it.' It's a backhanded compliment, but I'm glad it's that way and not the other way around!

"I take a lot of pride in my talent and in the record I was able to put together. I'm not giving up."