Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Kellie Golfs For A Good Cause


FOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE! (And then I imagine Kellie going, "Hey why are we counting to four everytime I hit the ball"?)

Kellie Pickler's gone green – at Nashville's 21st Annual Music Row Ladies Golf Tournament & Tupperware Party.

Taking time from recording her second album, the former Idol star, 21, went "clubbing" at Monday's outdoor fund-raiser on behalf of United Cerebral Palsy of Middle Tennessee.

"I am the queen of putt-putt," said Pickler, who quickly got into the swing of things – and proved herself no novice with a golf club and dimpled ball.

"I'm always the one who sinks the ball on the 18th hole and wins a free game," she tells PEOPLE.

Still, she wasn't counting on sheer luck to pull her through. "I got a new HD-TV installed Sunday, and the guys just happened to turn on the U.S. Open," she said. "My new TV is so incredible I could see every blade of grass. I watched the whole thing 'cause it was just too pretty to change the channel."

While captivated by the sharp picture, she also learned to sharpen her golf skills, noting, "I picked up some tips on my swing from Tiger [Woods] and Rocco [Mediate]." ... I guess if you're gonna learn from anyone, that's not a bad start.