Monday, July 7, 2008

Keith and Nicole Welcome Baby Girl!


Nicole Kidman has given birth!

The actress welcomed a girl, Sunday Rose Kidman Urban, Monday morning.

The baby weighed 6 pounds, 7 ounces.

"Husband Keith was by Nicole's side and mother and baby are very well," the rep said.

They are "delighted," the rep added.

After Sunday's birth, Kidman's husband Keith Urban wrote on his Web site: "Earlier this morning, Nic gave birth to our beautiful baby girl, Sunday Rose Kidman Urban. We want to thank everybody that has kept us in their thoughts and prayers. We feel blessed and grateful that we can share this joy with all of you today."

It is the first child for Kidman, 41, and Urban, 40. She has two adopted children – Connor, 13, and Isabella, 15 – with ex Tom Cruise.


MORE...
Kidman has said she was "yearning" to have a baby with Urban. Early on in her relationship with Cruise, she had suffered a miscarriage.

She told July's Vogue that she cried when she saw her ultrasound.

"I didn't think I'd get to experience that in my lifetime," she said. "I like the unpredictable nature of it. To feel life growing with you is something very, very special, and I'm going to embrace that completely."

The actress said being pregnant "taps into that thing in human nature that is universal and collective and beautiful."

Urban shared her enthusiasm.

"Well, God, yeah!" he told Us of their excitement for their newborn.

The Australian couple – who wed in June 2006 – announced they were expecting in January.

In an interview on Oprah's Oscar Special, pal Russell Crowe asked the actress if she planned on getting pregnant. "I hope so," she replied.

When Crowe remarked that he'd like to see Kidman "walking around barefoot and pregnant," the actress agreed – "I'd like to see that, too."

She also told Vogue in December: "I always thought I'd eventually live on a Fijian island. I love the idea of being in a sarong, with hair down to my bum and kids following me around and hanging out