Monday, July 14, 2008

Miranda Loves "Stars" and "Idols"


Well I guess we know what's on her TIVO!

Miranda Lambert first became familiar to country music fans when she emerged as a contestant in the inaugural season of "Nashville Star." It took several years for her to turn that initial exposure into actual hits, but she still believes it speeded up her ascent to stardom.

"I don’t think anyone can argue that shows like ‘American Idol’ and ‘Nashville Star’ [are] great launching pads," she told The Calgary Herald. "I always say ‘Nashville Star’ saved me from three more years of playing the honky-tonk circuit. I think a lot of great talent has come from those shows, but it’s unlikely that everyone will be a Kelly Clarkson [or a Carrie Underwood], in terms of success. In regards to me, I just do what I do, and so far, fans and critics have responded well."

Miranda’s sophomore release, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, was named Album of the Year by the Academy of Country Music in May.