Thursday, July 10, 2008

Kenny Chesney... Better as a memory ... is it about him?




If the song sounds believable, there’s a good reason for it: He’s lived it. Kenny has ended relationships several times because his dedication to his career wouldn’t allow him to be the partner he needed to be.

"I am that guy in ‘Better as a Memory,’" says, "I think this is a letter that I’ve written three or four times in my life to people, because at that point in my life when I wrote those letters, I was in such a focused period. I was a very zoned-in person on doing this out here, and you know, like the old Mac Davis song, ‘Baby Baby Don’t Get Hooked on Me,’ you know, this is kind of that song, but in a little bit deeper of a way. When I wrote those letters, I was better as a memory than as their man, I promise you."