Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Miranda & Salad


(Remember that episode of Seinfeld about "The Big Salad"? ... Oh ... nevermind, then)

Miranda Lambert is right where she’s wanted to be for years: in the public spotlight. As a result, she’s become more conscious about her appearance, so she’s gotten professional help to maintain her figure during her tours.

"I have a trainer on the road that really helps me," she told OK magazine. "As far as eating habits go, I'm from the South, so I used to eat everything fried, everything with cheese on it. Now I eat more salad and healthier stuff."

In addition, Miranda tries to walk 45 minutes daily, and she has a routine with free weights that she usually runs through outside of her bus.

Despite the pressure to be as thin as possible, Miranda tries to keep her figure in mind without letting the topic control her.

"To me, it comes with the business," she says of the body focus. "It's not that important. I don't obsess about it. As long as I feel good about myself, I'm a normal-sized girl, and I want to represent for normal-sized girls everywhere in the world that it's okay to have curves as long as you feel healthy and feel beautiful inside."

In the meantime, things are looking pretty good for Miranda on the outside. Her single "Gunpowder & Lead" is currently in the Top 10 in Country Aircheck.