Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Martina Remembers


These days, Martina McBride is on top of her game in country music and an A-Lister among her peers. However, she still remembers her early days in Nashville when she got her first taste of the music business and all the craziness that surrounds it.

Martina recalls the "old Martina" of the early 1990's with fondness. "It was a different business then," she tells Dial-Global. There was no Internet or any of that kind of stuff. The innocence has gone out of it a little bit, but I'm still that same girl that loves to get up on stage and sing and is still kind of amazed at all the opportunities that I get and just hoping to be able to do it a little bit longer."

Martina says that from the beginning she wanted to make music that was important to her. "Even I can look back at that girl and realize that that girl had a really strong sense of self and really handled all the people coming at [her] saying, 'You need to wear this. You need to cut your hair, you don't need to cut your hair. You need to take your wedding ring off in your video. You need to do this, you need to do that.' And I was like, 'Nah, that's not me.' So I'm proud of that girl for having that ability to stand up and say, 'This is what's right for me and this isn't, and I think that's part of why I'm still here, to be honest."

Thanks: GAC