Monday, May 12, 2008

John Michael Montgomery --- In Rehab


John Michael Montgomery has checked himself into an unspecified rehabilitation center to combat a problem with substance abuse.

He cancelled all his concert dates and personal appearances for 30 days last Friday, citing severe anxiety attacks and a sleep disorder as the symptoms that spurred him to enter a program.

"I will be disappearing for a while to try and defeat the demons that have stripped me of my energy of life and good health for so many years," he said in an official statement. "I assure you that however long it may take, I’m gonna fight to the end and come out stronger."

Assuming the program is completed in 30 days, that will have John Michael back in circulation in time for the September release of his next album, Time Flies, which will be issued on his own label, Stringtown Records.