Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Kenny On Marriage


He was just a chapter in "Bridget Jones' Diary!" :-(

Kenny Chesney ranks among the most eligible bachelors in country music, but it appears he still longs for a relationship that will stand the test of time.

"I thought I was ready once before, but I wasn’t," Kenny told People magazine, alluding to his four-month marriage to actress Renee Zellweger. "If I get married again, I’m going to give it 150 percent."

At the time Kenny and Renee called it off, People carried a story in which friends of the couple said they had too many commitments and didn’t really spend much quality time together. Kenny keeps a busy tour schedule for a big chunk of every year, and when he’s not touring, he’s writing songs, recording and plotting out the next tour.

Understandably, Kenny took it hard when they broke up.

"There was nothing that made me happy," he said, of the post-relationship period. "You can’t fall in love as hard and fast as we did and not have some residual effects."

The two stayed friends after their annulment, and Kenny now refers to their romance and break-up as "a life lesson."

Kenny turned 40 less than two months ago, and he claims to have turned a corner in his outlook on life: "This is the happiest I’ve been in a long time."