Friday, October 26, 2007

Brooks and Dunn -- Still Kids


Brooks & Dunn have put in some serious years in country music and have fans ranging in age from 8 to 80, but Kix Brooks says he and partner Ronnie Dunn still feel like kids.

"I still feel like I'm 20 and I still chase new music," Kix says. "Ronnie does too. You know, we get on iTunes — it's like, what's in the Top 10 on the pop charts, what are they doing. It doesn't mean I like it all, but I'm into what's coming out, what's new, what's cutting edge, what's fun, what's creative. I don't think that's defined by age and hopefully our music."

Kix jokes that he and Kix will never be as cool as Willie Nelson, but they hope to age as well. "Honestly when I decided that I just wanted to play music and that's all I cared about doing forever, it was chasing Willie Nelson concerts and Jerry Jeff Walker and those guys. Willie, I have no idea how old he was, he looked like he was the same age that he is now. You know, he's always had that look."