Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Stealing Cinderella Scores One For Tennessee Vol's Coach


Chuck Wicks recently received a call from University of Tennessee head football coach Phillip Fumler that had nothing to do with sports. He’d heard Chuck's debut single "Stealing Cinderella," and wanted the newcomer to sing it at his daughter, Courtney's, wedding.

The Vol's Coach said, "This song hit me like a ton of bricks as I was driving back to my office from a luncheon speech. I have three wonderful daughters, the oldest which is getting married. The song touched me deeply as it was about me and my girls, and the way we all love and adore each other, all the time knowing there will be a time for them to move on with their adult life. The song accurately expressed the emotions of this father having to face giving up his Cinderella.”

Of course, Wicks accepted the invitation and performed an acoustic version of his hit during the reception this past Friday (9/29), as the father and daughter danced.

Still no word on if he plans on singing at our birthday party...