Friday, March 21, 2008

Blake Gets The Hint


Blake Shelton's current single is a remake of "Home" by pop singer Michael Buble, but it wasn't Blake's idea to record the song. His girlfriend, Miranda Lambert, was the one who suggested it, and Blake trusted her judgment enough to take her advice.

So he gave the song a lot of consideration, and came up with a plan he thought would make the song really work.

"I finally decided that it would be really cool to have a female part there that would be prominent and featured," he told the national radio show GAC Nights: Live From Nashville.

Blake and Miranda had a longstanding agreement that they wouldn't mix music and their personal life, and he thought the person who was best suited for the female part was Carolyn Dawn Johnson. But whenever he broached the topic with Miranda, she found another way to give him a little more advice.

"I remember distinctly the look of death," Blake laughed. "And she loves Carolyn Dawn Johnson; she just doesn't love CDJ to be singing with me on a song that she found for me. And so I could tell by the look on her face who was gonna be singing that part with me on 'Home.'"