Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Taylor & Faith "Dolled Up"


Taylor Swift and Faith Hill have both signed agreements that use their likeness for a doll, though the deals just a bit different. Taylor is going the more traditional line with a physical doll, while Faith is taking an edgier route, as the model for an online doll that allows young girls to dress her up as they wish.

Taylor's doll, being produced by Jakks Pacific, will feature her best known fashions and appropriate accessories, including a crystal guitar.

"When I was a little girl, I dreamed of becoming a country music star and having my very own fashion doll line," Taylor says. "Now it's come true! I can't wait to see little girls play with my doll and rock out with my crystal guitar."

Faith, according to The Tennessean, is the focus of a figure on Stardoll, a website that targets girls aged 9-17. Her agreement provides for a virtual closet of outfits she's personally chosen, allowing Stardoll visitors to dress her up for all kinds of events.

"Joining Stardoll is exciting for me, especially because my kids are such fans," Faith says. "This is the first time I've explored a virtual world, and I'm amazed at what a creative, kind and eclectic mix of girls belong to the community."