Friday, March 14, 2008

Taylor Dishes on Exes


Taylor Swift is on the cover of this month's edition of Blender magazine, where she notes quite frankly that her first three hits were all inspired by former boyfriends.

One of them, named Drew, was the guy behind both "Tim McGraw" and "Our Song," and she actually showed the magazine writer the backyard where she took prom pictures with Drew.

"I've totally moved on," she said. "Drew's a great guy, but we're not really in touch. His girlfriend — she's not much of a Taylor Swift fan."

The other ex-boyfriend weirdly showed up in her driveway as she was leaving her house to attend a Nashville Predators hockey game with fellow artists Carrie Underwood and Kellie Pickler earlier this year. He was the inspiration for "Teardrops On My Guitar," and apparently thought they could rekindle things.

"I haven't talked to this guy in two years," she said. "I was like, 'Um, hi?' It would have been really cool and poetic if he had turned up at my house right after my album came out. But it was two years later. A couple of things have happened in my life since then. I was like, 'It's really great to see you. But you're a little late.'"