Friday, August 15, 2008

Taylor Swift Donates $100,000 to Red Cross, Responds to VMA Nomination



Taylor Swift is donating $100,000 to the American Red Cross chapter in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, one of the hardest-hit areas from floods that ravaged the state in June. "You guys have stood by me, and I'm going to stand by you,".

Taylor Swift was traveling when she learned that the nominees in the best new artist category at the upcoming MTV Music Awards were announced Friday. She is nominated alongside her friend, Miley Cyrus, and Katy Perry, Jordin Sparks and Tokio Hotel. "I can't believe I get to go to the VMAs!" Swift said. "When I got the news about the nomination, I was on a plane -- a very small plane. And I just started screaming bloody murder, and everyone around me was a little freaked out, but it was worth it. I get to go to the VMAs!"