Monday, December 31, 2007

Baby for Luke!


After a year of one career milestone after another, Luke Bryan got the best news of all recently: he and his wife, Caroline, are expecting the couple's first child in March.

"We're going to have a new baby boy," Luke tells The Tennessean. "I got me a fishing partner on the way."

They plan to call the baby Thomas Boyer Bryan. "I've never been able to pick out anything, so the fact I already have a child's name is exciting," Luke says.

In the last year, Luke was named Country Music Artist to Watch in 2007 by Billboard magazine, scored a No. 1 hit as a songwriter with Billy Currington's "Good Directions," made his debut on the Billboard charts with his Top 20 hit "All My Friends Say," released his debut album I'll Stay Me and made his debut on the Grand Ole Opry.

"It was just highlight after highlight," says Luke. "Last Christmas I was just coming off a radio tour and was just excited about 2007 getting here and it being my chance to make a splash. It's nice to have my first year in the music business behind me. It's just been a really great, blessed year."

As 2008 and the birth of his son approaches, the expectant dad says he's made a few resolutions that he hopes will not only make him a better person, but also a better parent.

"I get so many things on my plate I get scatterbrained," he says. " My resolution is to get one thing and get it done. As far as vices go, I don't drink too much and I don't raise too much cane anymore. And I'm going to try and get to church a little more."

In 2008, watch for Luke as he hits the road with Trace Adkins' American Man tour. Luke's second single, "We Rode in Trucks," is currently on the radio.