Friday, December 14, 2007

Kenny Chesney Anxious to Be Onstage


Kenny Chesney is already working out the details for his 2008 Poets & Pirates summer tour, and tickets to his Boston stadium show recently sold out in record time.

As his career continues to evolve, Kenny tells Dial-Global that being on stage is still as exciting as it has ever been. "Somebody asked me the other day, they said, 'Do you still get nervous?' And I said, 'No, not really. I get anxious.' And there is a difference. You get anxious to do it. I don't get nervous that I'm gonna fall on my face 'cause I've done that and I know it will probably happen again. And I forget the words and that's probably gonna happen again.... But I get anxious to feel the energy and that never goes away."

Kenny says one reason he doesn't get nervous is that he and his band are a well-oiled machine these days. "It just seems like when me and the guys go up there now, it's not that it's old hat or whatever you call it, it just kind of came together really easy."

Kenny's arena tour will feature Keith Urban, Sammy Hagar, LeAnn Rimes and Gary Allan.