Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Jason Aldean likes being a dad... just not cartoons


With a few days off the road for the holidays, Jason Aldean is enjoying spending time with his family, including his oldest daughter, Keeley, who he says is "4, going on 16."

"She'll talk to you like she's in her mid-20s," Jason tells Dial-Global. "She uses words that I don't even know what they mean! She's really smart. I know everybody says that about their kid, but she's very smart, very cool. It's just weird that sometimes when I'm talking to her I forget that I'm talking to a 4-year-old."

Realizing that Keeley gets much of her new vocabulary from TV, Jason says he often jokes with her, "I know you're not getting that from Dora the Explorer, so where is that coming from?"

Jason foresees he will have some challenges when Keeley becomes a teenager. "Believe me, I was a teenage guy. I know what's up!" he says. "I know all the stories. Any guy who comes to my house trying to give me some line — I've used it myself, so it ain't gonna happen."

Jason, who also has a 4-month-old daughter named Kendyl, says that when you have kids, every day you learn something new. He adds, "It's been a very cool experience being a dad."