Friday, December 7, 2007

Toby Keith a football man


Toby Keith, a one-time football player for the semi-pro United States Football League's Oklahoma City Drillers, loves his sport and immerses himself in it as much as he can.

Dial-Global reports that Toby takes on the role of coach for his son Stelen's team and never strays far from his beloved Oklahoma State University team.

"I've coached my little boy's little league team the last three years — which they went undefeated and won the championship by the way," he says. "The 'steel man' plays nose guard. That's one of the things that I know a lot about, and I'm very tight with the coaching staff and my friends and my family at Oklahoma (State) University. I've got one team and I follow them wherever they go. I go to their bowl games and everything. It's a great form of entertainment for me to kick back and go."

Toby will more than likely be at a bowl game in January as his college team of choice is eligible to play in one of three bowl games this year.