Monday, November 5, 2007

Brad visits soliders


Last Friday Brad Paisley accompanied the USO on a visit with wounded troops at the Brooke Army Medical Center's Burn Unit in San Antonio.

During the trip, Brad walked from room to room shaking hands with service members, listening to stories, signing autographs and expressing his thanks for their service. He also provided the servicemen and women with free tickets to his concert that night.

Today's USO visit was surreal, he said. Sitting with service members that have been through so much and hearing their stories is something I'll never forget. To them I am just a country music singer, but to me they are my heroes, and I wish them all a speedy recovery.


Brad also gave an impromptu concert in early August to more than 35,000 soldiers and their family members at Fort Campbell in Kentucky, a show he called the most important of the year.