Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Charlie gets his invitation


He has yet to RSVP for our birthday party, though...

Charlie Daniels got the surprise of a lifetime when he was invited to become a member of the Grand Ole Opry during his Christmas for Kids benefit show, Nov. 19, at Nashville’s Ryman Auditorium.

Charlie was hosting the show when Martina McBride walked out to the stage and delivered a Christmas card bearing the invitation. As the crowd broke into applause, Charlie became emotional and backed away. I can not even begin to tell you folks . . . this is very emotional for me, Charlie said. I never ever in my wildest dreams when I came to Nashville with my precious wife and son dreamed that this would happen. Charlie, who recently turned 71, will be formally inducted into the Opry later this year at the Ryman Auditorium.