Wednesday, November 28, 2007

No Divorce Songs for Sara Evans


After a tumultuous (heh, how does one even pronounce that!?) year that involved a very public divorce, Sara Evans was faced with the task of writing four new songs for her recently released Greatest Hits album.

Sara tells Dial-Global that she was stumped and was frank with her record label about her lack of focus on the matter. "I've been consumed with my personal life this last year and I couldn't even think about the Greatest Hits album, and I write most of my songs," she says. "Since I wasn't writing and I wasn't liking anything that I was writing, they started pitching me a lot of songs. Well, all the songs they started pitching me were about divorce, like, 'And I'm gonna go out with my girlfriends and we're gonna drink.' And I was just like, 'Ugh...that's not how I feel. I'm not celebrating it — I don't even want to talk about it.'"

Sara did end up co-writing each of the four new songs on the CD, including her current single, "As If," which sits in the Top 15 on the country charts this week.