Monday, November 12, 2007

Clay Walker Helps in MS Fight


Clay Walker recently presented Dr. Subramaniam Sriram with a check for $25,000 to aid in the doctor’s research to find a cure for Multiple Sclerosis at Vanderbilt’s Stallworth Rehabilitation Center.

Clay and his nonprofit charity Band Against MS took it one step farther in pledging to donate the same amount for the next two years, making their total contribution to Vanderbilt $75,000.

Clay, who was himself diagnosed with MS in 1996 and sought a second opinion from Dr. Sriram after another doctor gave him a grim picture of the disease, shares what a difference the doctor has made in his life:

After leaving the hospital at Vanderbilt that night, I felt this incredible burst of energy and excitement that I was gonna be okay, Clay tells Dial-Global. I was gonna get on the medication. And here I am 11 years later, and I can laugh about the disease. I was crying in the beginning, and now I’m laughing — if that tells you what a difference these doctors can make in people’s lives.