Monday, November 19, 2007

Taylor Swift for Christmas!!!


Being on the CMAs gave Taylor Swift a nice little boost in sales this year, and now you can spend your Holiday season with her! (Well, not WITH her... but, uh, nevermind).

The 17-year-old singer-songwriter is poised to climb the Holiday Albums chart with her Target exclusive collection Sounds Of The Season. The NBC-driven project includes a special take on the classic Silent Night, and Taylor explains how this unique version came about: For me, this arrangement just happened. I knew I wanted there to be something on the album that was re-worked and made new again, recalls Taylor. For instance, when I play cover songs in my set, I never want them to be cover songs anyone would expect me to play. I cover Eminem songs. You know? It's that kind of thing that makes people remember that part of your show. I wanted a moment like that on my Christmas album. I think the twist on Silent Night is that moment.

Be sure to catch Taylor on November 28th as she performs songs from her Christmas project on NBC’s Christmas In Rockefeller Center.