Thursday, February 28, 2008

Kenny's Biography


It never mentions that his music is played on BOB... we were a little bummed out about that.

This year marks 15 years since Kenny Chesney signed his first recording contract. Since that time, he's become one of the top stars in the business, with a long line of hits, a shelf full of Entertainer of the Year awards and an impressive record at selling out concerts in arenas and stadiums.

With that behind him, Kenny's scheduled to be profiled tonight on the A&E channel's Biography series.

"I think it's too soon for this sort of thing," Kenny suggests. "There's still so much to do. But I know they spoke to the people who had a lot to do with how we've accomplished what we have, and everyone who works with me came away feeling like they were really trying to get at not just how we did it, but why the fans have responded to me and the guys and this music in the way they have."

Kenny's won the Academy of Country Music's Entertainer of the Year award three straight times, so it's a good bet his name will be among the finalists again Tuesday when this year's nominees are announced. Meanwhile, he's planning to hit the road next month for his Poets & Pirates Tour, which kicks off April 18 in Uncasville, Conn.

"I think it's pretty simple," Kenny says, explaining his philosophy. "Cut the songs I've always lived or seen my friends go through, because I knew lots of other people just like me and my buddies had lived them, too. Then take it out on the road, give people the time of their lives, do a show that gives everything, makes people forget, and know people will always come back to a good time."