Friday, February 29, 2008

Cover Girl -- Taylor Swift


Taylor Swift seems to be doing everything else that a country artist can do; why not appear on the cover of "Blender" magazine, too?

That's exactly what she'll be doing next month, in the process becoming only the second country singer in history to nab the front of the magazine, which is noted for its edgy, irreverent flavor (Some of Blender's past topics have included: "50 Worst Artists," "50 Worst Songs" and "The 50 Most Awesomely Dead Rock Stars"). The issue appears on newsstands March 11.

Meanwhile, Taylor was featured yesterday in a lengthy piece in The Washington Post, in which she notes that she's hopelessly single at the moment — and with good reason.

"I have to pick a guy who's really nice," Taylor told The Post. "I've got two million fans who are going to tell me if they don't approve of him, you know? That's sort of why I'm single. I don't want to have to find the right guy right now. I'm fascinated by my career, and I'm not too fascinated by guys right now. I know that'll change, and someday I'll have a great relationship. But right now isn't the time for that."