Friday, February 8, 2008

Watching... no, RIDING in airplanes!


Gary Allan grew up in Southern California, and he was known to skip school to spend the day surfing at Huntington Beach.

Now that he's moved to Nashville, he doesn't see the ocean as much as he'd like, but he expects to fix that with a vacation in Australia near the end of March.

"I'm going to do a week over there with my band, and then I'm gonna fly my kids over actually and spend like a week, 10 days with my kids," he says, "show them the Barrier Reef and take them to as much of Australia as they can stand. Maybe [I'll] lease a boat. I thought about leasing a yacht with them and taking them out on the water for a couple of days."


He hasn't yet decided if scuba diving will be part of the excursion.

"I don't dive. Actually we talked about this last week with my kids. I grew up around water and all my friends dive, I just have never been certified, so maybe this is where we'll do it and dive."

And maybe he can steal a kangaroo... how cool would that be?