Thursday, September 6, 2007

Carrie Underwood and Tony Romo 'Just Good Friends'


BOB: Mmm hmm...

Country singer Carrie Underwood has played down reports of a romance with NFL star Tony Romo, insisting the pair are just "really good friends."

The couple was rumored to be dating since December and were reported to have 'gone public' at the Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas in May.

However, the American Idol star insists the Dallas Cowboys player was just her date to the star-studded event, and nothing more.

She says, "We're really good friends and support each other, but we're not together, nor have we ever been together.

"I understand because we went to the (Academy of Country Music Awards) together and I go watch him play football that people might get the wrong impression, but hardly any people ever ask me. They just kind of ran with the story anyway.

"I read stuff now that one of us is trying to get the other back and that I spend the night crying by myself. It's awful."