Friday, September 14, 2007

Now... Kid Rock Speaks


Kid Rock has spoken out about his fight with Tommy Lee at the MTV Video Music Awards, calling his nemesis "a loser" who stole his seat.

The rap/rocker, who was cited for misdemeanor battery after punching Lee at Sunday night's Las Vegas event, insists witnesses will prove he's not the villain the Motley Crue star is claiming he is on his website.

"I really can't say a lot about it (fight) - my attorneys told me not to, obviously - but I think there's enough eyewitnesses there to say what happened."

In a posting on his website, Lee insisted he was minding his own business at the VMAs when former love rival Kid Rock punched him in the face.

Rock blasted back, "Of course he has a different story (about what happened)."

The Michigan-based star, who was briefly married to Lee's ex-wife Pamela Anderson added, "There's a lot of history there, obviously. It's just a lot of mouth talking, a lot of being extremely disrespectful for a long time..."

Rock says he fell out with Tommy after he started sending the rap/rocker disrespectful text messages from their ex-wife's BlackBerry.

Rock snarls, "When me and Pam were going through our divorce he... starts e-mailing me how much of a (loser) I am.

"I calmly told him... 'Listen, I will see you again.' I said, 'You know this has nothing to do with you.' And that was the end of it because I don't talk. He used her Blackberry. It just starts going off, like he's king."

Rock admits he was hoping Lee would eventually apologize, and when he found himself at the VMAs with the drummer, he decided to confront the rock star.

"I'm trying to figure out what this guy's doing there (at the awards)... and then, when I came back from the bathroom, he's pretty much sitting in my seat. I'm like, 'That's it!'

"I did what any man would do, any man across the country, across the world would do."