Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Trent - doing it HIS way


Trent Tomlinson says the hard work he does trying to make it as a country singer is no sweat for him after growing up on a farm.

Trent tells Tulsa World that the music business is a breeze compared to the physical labor he put in working on his family's 500-acre Kennett, Mo., cotton farm. But he admits his current job is a bit more taxing mentally, especially when it comes to dealing with interviewers asking questions about his appearance.

"I get asked about the do-rag and the earrings and stuff that I wear, and 'How does that make me country?' and stuff like that," Trent says. "It's like, I'm a rebel cotton farmer. I pick cotton. I'm as country as cornbread. I just do what I do and wear what I wear. I hate that question."

Trent also put in some time cleaning carpets before he signed with his record label. "A lot of people want a record deal so bad they'll do anything for it," Trent says. "I think in the long run, they lose because they're not being honest with themselves. I wanted to do it my way."

Thanks: GAC