Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Jason Michael Carroll's Butterflies


*Story has nothing to do with nets or the wilderness... um, or well, actual butterflies.

"People have been surprised to see me backstage right before a show, pacing back and forth, rubbing my hands together, even biting the inside of my lip," he writes. "Eventually they ask, 'Are you nervous?' If it's 20 people or 20,000, I still get butterflies right before a show."

Jason says that every night, he feels as if everything he's worked toward has come down to the show he's about to put on. "If I don't give everything I have night after night, I really feel that could be the show that was the deciding factor concerning if we move forward or go home," he says.

In spite of the pressure, Jason says he loves his chosen profession. "Every night after night, it's the same and yet every night, every crowd, is so different!" he says. "To say that we as a band have fun doing what we do would be an understatement. We love what we do!"