Friday, September 7, 2007

Faith Hill Reflects and Looks Forward


BOB: She also looks both ways before crossing the street!

In a message on her website faithhill.com, announcing the upcoming release of her CD, The Hits, Faith Hill reminisces about the past 15 years as she has worked to fulfill her dream of a successful career in country music.

"It feels like yesterday when I said goodbye to my family and packed up the car to come to Nashville so that I could follow my dream," she writes. "I remember singing wherever and whenever I could and calling home for the safety of my family's encouragement: dejected, but never discouraged."

Faith recalls hearing her first single, "Wild One," on the radio for the first time, her first television appearance on "Nashville Now" and the way she felt when she received her first gold album. "But it wasn't until I began to put The Hits together that I started to think about all the songs, all the songwriters, all the people that have supported me throughout my career and all of the fans that were responsible for making my dream come true," she writes.

Faith says the album will contain newer, different versions of some songs as well as a few surprises. "Leave it to me, I would've made a whole album of surprises, but then it wouldn't have been The Hits and it wouldn't be coming out on October 2nd," she writes.

"Some consider the release of a 'greatest hits' as the end of a chapter," she continues. "I'd prefer to call it an interlude, because I'd never want to close the chapter on what's gotten me to the party. In my dressing room I have a small chalkboard that sits on top of one of my road cases. On it is written a saying from Vincent Van Gogh that asks, 'What would life be, if we had no courage to attempt anything?' It serves as a reminder for me of not only where I've been, but of where I hope to go.

Thanks: GAC