Monday, January 7, 2008

Fan Smacks Into Taylor Swift – and Gets an Autograph



A fan recently ran into Taylor Swift. Literally.

Then the fan asked the 18-year-old country musician for her autograph, in a weird place.

"Yeah, somebody hit my car and then asked me to sign a broken piece of my taillight," said Swift, according to the Canadian news Web site, Canoe.ca.

"Then it was crazy," Swift said. "Five minutes later this other woman saw me on the side of the road and decided that she wanted to get an autograph for her daughter. So she pulled over to get my autograph and then somebody hit her car. It was quite the experience."

On the topic of cars, Swift recently donated hers – a pink "jacked-up" Chevy pick-up given her by her label for her birthday last month – to Victory Junction Gang, a children's charity assisting those with terminal diseases.

"They have camps all over the country for kids who are sick," says Swift. "It's one week each some they forget they're sick and just have a blast and hang out with other people who they can relate to. They look forward to it, and I love that cause."