Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Mama's Boy -- Jake Owen


Jake Owen's live show is filled with songs that play on the sexual tension between men and women. The music may have a strutting, playboy attitude, but the reality is that Jake's taste in women is a little more traditional.

"I would have never said this earlier on in my teens, but now I'm startin' to see the way my life is going — doin' things like my mom always taught me, manners and things," he tells Dial-Global. "And then even looking at girls that I see myself with for the rest of my life, I start comparing them to my mom. I'm sure a lot of people may do that, but I have a pretty awesome mom. If I could ever find someone like my mom, I'd be pretty lucky."

So much for tradition: Jake is performing tonight in Charlotte, N.C., with Keith Anderson, Trent Tomlinson and Lee Brice, and the stage will feature a portable toilet. An event organizer told the Associated Press he wanted to make sure all four guys remained up front during the benefit concert. The port-a-potty takes away one very obvious excuse to leave.