Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Kenny and Willie


Kenny Chesney is getting geared up for this year's Poets & Pirates concert tour, but before that ever comes about, he has something that might be even cooler on the docket for this month. Willie Nelson's next album, Moment Of Forever, comes out January 29 and Kenny produced it.

Even though Kenny's now an accomplished pro, working with a Country Music Hall of Famer was a bit intimidating at first.

"I hadn't been that nervous in a while, especially making a record," Kenny told Billboard magazine. "I had my vision of what I wanted to do with Willie, but I didn't know if that was Willie's vision."

Willie gave Kenny a big hug on the first day in the studio, and that eased the tension. In the end, the album features material from a bunch of different sources. Willie wrote three songs, and it includes titles penned by Bob Dylan, Kris Kristofferson, Randy Newman and Dave Matthews, whose "Gravedigger" provided the subject for the album's first video.

"I was the gravedigger, I was the cab driver, I was the limo driver, I was the priest," Willie says. "I played everybody in there."

The video also features Jessica Simpson, Owen Wilson and Woody Harrelson.