Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Garth takes parenting seriously


... Good!

Garth Brooks has made a commitment to refrain from touring while his daughters grow up, a sign that his family has a higher priority in his life than his job. He apparently came to that decision the hard way.

"I remember not knowing my children, and I never want to go back there," he tells The Los Angeles Times. "I want my kids to be raised the way I was raised. My parents were at every game, whether I played or not. You'd look over your shoulder and there they were."

While Garth has retired from touring, he admits that are times when he dips his foot over the line. This weekend is one of them. He'll play five shows at L.A.'s Staples Center to raise money for the victims of last year's California wildfires. The first of those shows will be telecast Friday as a special on CBS